The Company” and “We” means The Home Consultancy
“The Customer” and “You” means the person, firm or company purchasing the goods.
· A contract will come into effect between the company and the customer when a quotation has been accepted and a deposit is paid.
· Whilst we will do our best to deliver and install within the timescales indicated to you, we shall not be liable for any loss or delay. We do not guarantee an exact completion date.
· The customer will be responsible for insurance of all goods once they have been delivered to site.
· All kitchen materials may have slight variations in colour, grain or texture and, in accordance with our specification, will be deemed acceptable by you.
· Title to the goods shall not pass to you until the goods are paid for in full. We therefore reserve the right to remove the goods, whether installed or otherwise, if they are not paid for in accordance with the contract between us.
· The work to be carried out will be as per the specification agreed. All illustrations are for demonstration purposes only and this is not a sale by sample only.
· Plastering, painting, decorating, flooring and tiling are not included in the quotation unless expressly stated. Please refer to individual quote.
· The customer warrants that the premises are structurally suitable for the installation proposed. Unless otherwise stated our quotation for fitting assumes that the kitchen is cleared so far as is possible and any items to be retained are removed by the customer.
· Existing wall tiles and floor coverings must be removed, suitably located hot and cold water supplies and drainage must be provided and stop taps must be accessible and in good working order.
· In the event of plastering works being undertaken, customers must be aware that ‘patch up’ plastering may not be suitable for over painting.
· If applicable, a suitably located gas supply point must be available. All pilot lights must be correctly turned off. It is the customers’ responsibility to relight all pilot lights. If these conditions are not met we reserve the right to make an additional charge for any works necessary to enable the installation to proceed.
· The customer shall give employees of The Home Consultancy and their agents access to the premises at all reasonable times for inspecting the same, delivering and installation.
· If required by The Home Consultancy, the customer shall make sufficient space available prior to delivery for the kitchen to be stored between delivery and commencement of installation.
· Your plan, except for supply only, will be checked again before manufacture, slight changes in size may be made in the interest of obtaining a satisfactory fit.
· In the case of supply only, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the installer used is competent and adequately qualified to install rigid kitchen units and appliances. The Home Consultancy can accept no liability for faulty goods because of poor fitting.
· We reserve the right to exchange goods for others of a similar specification in the event of unavailability.
· We reserve the right to amend the quotation and plan in the event of any unforeseen circumstances arising or problems manifesting themselves upon installation.
· Customers are advised to check all sizes on plans and listings prior to ordering. We accept no liability for goods not fitting or being suitable in the case of supply only.
· In the event of orders placed from architects plans (extensions, modifications and new builds) the customer is responsible for checking that built sizes after plastering comply exactly with the final kitchen plan sizes given. We strongly advise that customers continuously monitor and check sizing, and advise of any discrepancy in appropriate time for alterations to be made prior to manufacture.
· We accept no liability for goods not fitting if internal dimensions have changed without ample notification. Any on-site modifications will incur an additional charge.
· Where the customer undertakes to supply items or appliances it is their responsibility to ensure they are the correct size and specification. They must be available on site at the commencement of the installation. If for any reason the customer fails to have them available, causing the installation work to be delayed, any resultant cost incurred by The Home Consultancy must be borne by the customer.
· Customers supplying machines or equipment requiring power points, plumbing or venting, must ensure that this work is mentioned in the quotation and that they have supplied with the machine/equipment the relevant installation/venting kits.
· Where the quotation includes the ducting of an appliance or installation of a waste disposal unit, we reserve the right to withdraw or amend this option if installation proves to be impractical or unsuitable.
· It is the customer’s responsibility to provide a skip to allow for the safe disposal of existing kitchen units, worktop, all appliances and all packaging. Should the customer wish to keep existing kitchen units/appliances etc. this must be made clear to The Home Consultancy at point of sale, as additional costs may be incurred. The Home Consultancy will not be liable for any damage to existing kitchen units/appliances during their removal.
· It is the customer’s responsibility to contact the local council to arrange collection of unwanted refrigerators and freezers.
· We will endeavour to minimise inconvenience to the customer at all times, however by nature of the work we cannot be held liable for accidental damage, however caused, to existing property. Customers retaining existing floor covering or wall tiling must be aware that patching up work may be required before and/or after installation.
· Electrical points must be correctly positioned to suit plan and of a suitable loading for appliances.
· Should the customer wish to make changes to the order they are subject to the approval of The Home Consultancy, any costs and/or delays incurred by The Home Consultancy arising from such changes must be borne by the customer.
· Payment is to be made by way of a 50% deposit of the total order value. Second payment of 45% must be by way of cleared funds and is due two weeks before the start date. You agree to pay the final balance, 5%, in full on reasonable completion of works.
· You have 7 calendar days from the date of the agreement to cancel your order if an order has been confirmed in your home, in accordance with the Door Step Selling Regulations.
· Deposits are non-refundable after 7 days of placing deposit payment
· All furniture, and certain appliances, are specifically manufactured to order only and therefore cannot be returned for refund.
Please call us on 07738 067 671 07738 067 671 or use our contact form.
The Home Consultancy
24 Highfield Avenue
We’d like to give you the peace of mind that here at The Home Consultancy there is always a friendly team of advisors to help you with any questions or requests you may have. Either give us a call or email us and we’ll make sure you get all the information and advice you need
07738 067 671 07738 067 671